Custom Search

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Chinese Girl Attempts Suicide to Save Dying Father

13 year old Chen Jin is being hospitalized after attempting suicide. Jin swallowed 200 sleeping pills, then wrapped herself in an electric blanket (which left her with severe burns). She did all of this to save her beloved fathers life, who needs a liver transplant. She is now recovering in the same hospital as her father, but doctors say that if she does survive, she will need extensive surgery for the severe burns.

In a note to her mother, she writes:

- With the help of our specialized translaters, we were able to find out that this letter states the following: "Mum, I'm sorry I couldn't stay with you any longer, please give my liver to dad and save him after my death."

Correct me if I'm wrong, because I very well could be.. But I beleive that intaking that many pills would actually cause your liver to shut down, leaving you to die.
-Chen Jin should have thought about that before swallowing that many pills. Maybe hanging herself, or self-mutilation would have been a better alternative for her?

No comments: